Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Hurry up and wait

Well I know it has been about a week since my last post, but it wasn't until the last couple of days that anything of interest has happened.  Two days ago, Rachel got her permanent residence!  It's great that she's got hers, but now mine has to be filed and processed which will probably take another 2 weeks.  It's kind of unfortunate that it will take as long as it will since there is a week long holiday after Ramadan (Eid ul Fitr) that Rachel and I won't be able to go on since I won't have my passport back yet!  Luckily there's another holiday (Eid ul Adha) that's at the end of November this year.

Now that Rachel has her RP, it's on to the next step.  We have 10 days to return our rental car, now that we're able to buy a car.  We've already started the process and have decided to buy a Kia Sorrento, a mid size SUV for safety since the drivers here are crazy and it helps to have a larger car.  Also, gas mileage isn't a big deal since gas is only 70 cents a gallon here!!!  Rachel also had to turn in her temporary drivers license to get her permanent license.  I'll have to do the same once I have my RP.

As for jobs for me, I'm still waiting to hear about the two opportunities that I have.  Hopefully I'll hear something soon, but I'm not holding my breath.  I know it will all work out in the end, it is just taking longer than I thought it would.

In any case, that's where we are these days, hurrying up to wait for something else.  I hope everyone enjoyed the Labor day weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Good things are happening! The waiting just gives you free time to plan out your future travels. What's on the list of potential places to visit? What fun! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are making some progress with Rachel's resident permit and will at least be able to continue with the process of getting a car. Sorry it is taking so long to get work for Tristan, but maybe this is a good test for patience. Have you got some good books to read?
    We do hope you will hear soon, though.
    LOve,
    Grandma Marilyn

    ReplyDelete