Sunday, August 30, 2009

New pictures!

So I took some more pictures of Education City (where Rachel works) and have posted them here.  I hope you enjoy them!  I'm sorry I haven't taken more pictures, but there really isn't a whole lot to take pictures of around here.  Almost everything looks the same, beige painted houses, sand, or construction!

Other than that we really haven't been up to anything terribly interesting.  I've been a bit under the weather for the last few days, I think it was something I ate (which apparently isn't unusual here), so we had a fairly low key weekend except for Friday.  We ended up going to 2 parties that night, one was an 80's party, which we really didn't dress up for nearly as much as almost everyone else did!  Mr. T and a faux Richard Simmons made wonderful appearances which was awesome.  We then went to another friends for his birthday party which was lots of fun with plenty of dancing and good company.  Yesterday was really just relaxing and me trying to feel better, which I do today.  Other than that it's been pretty boring.  Until we get our permanent residence permits, we're pretty much stuck in Doha.  But once we get our RP, we'll be traveling a lot so we'll have lots of fun pictures and hopefully some good stories!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see all of these "boring" buildings. Great news about some more possible job options...obviously keep me posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your latest blog and news. Sorry you have been sick and hope you are feeling better. The pictures are fascinating. Thanks for sharing.
    We're looking forward to the next chapter!

    Much love,
    Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! It all sounds quite exciting! How are you keeping yourself busy -- learning Arabic, perhaps? It would be great, working in a lab, though I can recommend teaching English, if you're interested in that.

    Can't wait to see more pictures. Let me know if you're interested in travelling to Central/Eastern Europe.

    -sarah.

    ReplyDelete