Saturday, September 26, 2009

One more thing... please take a look and vote!

 Please read the email sent out by one of Rachel's former students from UNC.  He is currently in the Peace Corps in Senegal and is trying to get funding to help the people in some small villages there.  It doesn't cost anything except your time to cast a vote for his project.  Thanks!
 __________________________
Hello Friends,

   I hope you are all exciting and willing to lend me a hand this week, because I need your help!  This week is the final running for the ideablob.com venture competition, and the competition is stiff.  In order to win, I am estimating that we will need to garner 1,500-2,000 votes, a pretty daunting number, but I'm sure we can do it if we make a concerted effort.  All votes have been reset, so even if you votes in the first round, you have to vote again for it to count.  If you never got a vote in, here's your chance!


   I generally don't like soliciting people for anything, but I really believe in this project, and the $10,000 winnings would provide us with the jumpstart capital needed to get off the ground and running.  Our efforts could literally have an affect on thousands of women.  People in numerous villages are excited and have been asking me repeatedly about this supposed 'nut sheller' I keep talking about, and I just tell them "it's coming, inchallah (if god wills it)."


   I ask you to please take a moment out of your day to vote for our project at: http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/6227-The-Universal-Nut-Sheller-Empo

   If each person on this listserv convinced only one person each day this week to support this project, we would get all the votes we need and more.  So I ask you to please do just that, one person per day; a friend, neighbor, colleague, student, toddler, anyone with a valid e-mail address can do it! 


   I hope you don't mind if I prod you about this a couple more times this week, but sometimes repetition is the only way.  Thank you in advance for your help. 

 Ideablob webpage: http://www.ideablob.com/ideas/6227-The-Universal-Nut-Sheller-Empo


 Blog: stayinggroundedontherun.blogspot.com

 --
 David Campbell
 Peace Corps Senegal
 Environmental Education Volunteer
 campd333@gmail.com

 (+221) 77.671.99.42

No comments:

Post a Comment